Vegan Mac & Cheeze
Updated: Feb 5, 2022
Plant-Based Cheese Sauce to die for. Our favourite side dish to add to any occasion (:
· 1 head cauliflower, medium
· 1/2 yellow onion, medium
· 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
· 1 cup pili nuts
· 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
· 2 artichoke hearts
· 2 tbsp braggs liquid aminos
· 2 tbsp of lemon juice
· 2 cloves of garlic
· 1 tsp turmeric
· 1/3 cup of grounded flax-seed
1. Chop the cauliflower into florets, discarding the leaves and center stalk.
2. Dice the 1/2 onion into 1-inch pieces.
3. Place the chopped cauliflower and onion into a large pot and cover with water.
4. Bring to a boil on your stove top and cook until tender.
5. When cauliflower and onion is finished cooking, drain and let cool for 5 minutes.
6. Then pour the veggies into a high-speed blender and add everything except ground flax -seed.
7. Blend on high for about 60 seconds or until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
8. Then add ground flax-seed and blend on high for 20 seconds.
9. Stores for up to 10 days in a glass mason jar in the fridge.